Thursday, January 9, 2014

Leprechaun Embroidery Project - Part One


I have a new project to share.  I am just getting started on this one but since it is for St. Patrick's Day, I think I will have enough time to finish!  As you can see, this is a crafty little leprechaun sitting on a mushroom and guarding his pot of gold.  

Here are just some of the floss colors I am considering...


 Here are the candidates for the mushroom.  For the stem, I like this beige {DMC #738}and for the accent lines on the stem, this honey color {DMC #783}.  For the mushroom top, either red with white spots or maybe orange with white spots? 


For the pot of gold, of course the pot will be black {DMC #310} and I am going to use a combination of metallic thread {Kreinik Metallics Fine Braid #002} and gold blending filament {Kreinik Metallics  #002HL} for all his coins. 


I still have a lot of color decisions to make for the leprechaun himself! I will keep posting on my progress.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Definitely a red toadstool!

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Happy New Year!!
What a cute design! I also prefer red for the mushroom top.

Sparklyjools said...

Has to be red! I love the toadstool.x

Kim said...

Lol - Thank you Ladies! It looks like a red toadstool is the favorite :)

Silvia - Happy New Year to you too!

dottycookie said...

Very cute indeed!

Kim said...

:) dottycookie - Thank you!