Monday, July 13, 2020

Folk Art Flowers Project - Part Two

I finished the embroidery on my flower project that I first blogged about here.  

For the flower, I used Long and Short Stitch as a fill.  The greenish yellow center is made up of French Knots and Straight Stitch.  
The green leaves are stitched with Fishbone Stitch.

For the bright green curved stems, I used Back Stitch.  The small green leaves are Lazy Daisy Stitch.  The accent dots are French Knots.  
For the purple berries, I used rows and rows of Back Stitch: 

For all the floss I used, here are the color numbers:

You may notice that all the shades of purple have the same number!  I used a color variations skein of perle cotton floss and cut lengths that included the colors I liked. 

Friday, July 3, 2020

Space Theme Pillowcase Border - Part Two

I have an update to share on the pillowcase border I first posted about here

Since that last post, I have completed the blue moon, the orange ringed planet and various stars.  I still have a few stars to stitch.  You can see the tracing paper transfer is holding up well - I can still see the stars to stitch.  The transfer has not been brushed off or smeared despite all the handling of the fabric:

I am so happy with the floss colors I am using.  Especially the orange and blue.  The purple stars are metallic floss which is really challenging to work with!

This border motif is from my Space! embroidery set.