Thursday, April 11, 2024

Butterfly Garden Embroidery Projects

 I finished the stitching on another of the Butterfly Garden embroidery pattern motifs.  


You may remember that I previously shared this project from the same pattern set:


Now I have completed the other one. 

Here is the list of stitches I used.  To give the butterfly wings some dimension and variety, I used four  different stitches. Chain Stitch, Double Knot Stitch, Stem Stitch, and Straight Stitch.  The decorative parts of his wings are Running Stitch, Satin Stitch and Straight Stitch.  His antennae are Pistil Stitch:


The raspberry colored circular flowers are Spider Web Filling Stitch with French Knot centers.  The stem is Double Knot Stitch.  The rest of the raspberry colored flowers are Lazy Daisy Stitch.   The pink flowers are Straight Stitch petals and Stem Stitch Stems.


For the large green frond I used rows of Straight Stitch for the wide base and then Stem Stitch for the narrow curling top. The blue flower is Stem Stitch Stem, Fish Bone Stitch leaves and French Knot berries:

The color palette is very different.  Here are the floss colors and numbers.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
I liked this set too. Very different. It would be lovely yo do this.
Mallika

Kim said...

Hi Mallika - Thank you so much!

Darla Mae said...

Oh, Kim...you have outdone yourself with the texture in this project. I am telling my heart to be still over all that beautiful texture! ;-)
The colors are different from the first butterfly project, but they are just lovely. I think you have shown how wonderfully different, but equally beautiful color can be used. Different colors have a different feel, don't you think?

Darlene

Kim said...

Thank you so much Darlene! Yes! I do think color and a particular color palette can give the same pattern a totally new feel :)