Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentine Heart Embroidery


Just in time for Valentine's Day, I embroidered this floral heart from my Flower Fancy embroidery pattern.

Notice at the bottom of the heart - the big layered flower?  I tried so many different fill stitches for this was always disappointed with the result.  Finally I tried the Blanket Stitch ?!  I love the light, lacy effect.  The underneath flower is done in Straight Stitch


The dark raspberry circle flowers are all Straight Stitch with French Knot Centers.  The two-toned tulip is also Straight Stitch.  The green stems are done in Stem Stitch and the small leaves are Lazy Daisy Stitches.  The large green leaf is done in Fishbone Stitch with a Stem Stitch Center.  


The outline of the heart is done with Back Stitch and the pom pom flowers are done with French Knots.


Here are the color numbers of the floss from this project:


3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your flowers are lovely. Hope you had a great Valentine Day.
xx, Carol

Darla Mae said...

Oh, Kim this is absolutely gorgeous! It's so beautiful, I love it!!

Kim said...

Thank you Carol! I did and I hope you did as well :)
Hi Darlene, THank you!!