Saturday, February 8, 2020

Arizona Embroidery Pattern Project - Part Two

I have an update to share from my Arizona embroidery project.  You may remember from my last post, I was starting to stitch the prickly pear or paddle cactus.  I had selected this green floss - DMC no. 986

but I felt that it was too dark and vibrant to go with the rest of the colors.  I switched to DMC no. 368 which is a sage green.  Much better!  It gives a more "sun baked" look. 

Next color decision is for the cactus flowers...I like these colors:

But they need to look good with the orange floss I used for the Arizona text!

When I have the color decisions made and the rest of the stitching completed, I will post with all my floss numbers and stitching information.


Darla Mae said...

You made the right choice, Kim. That first green was too dark. The color you decided on is perfect. I love the look of the cactus.

Kim said...

HI Darlene! Thank you - I really like it now too - I am looking forward to finishing this one up!