Thursday, October 21, 2021

Monogram Stitches and Floss Color Numbers

 

If you read my last blog post, you may remember this table napkin that I monogrammed with the letter W.

That post was to introduce my new Christmas Monogram embroidery pattern set and I stitched the W as a sample. In this post, I want to share the stitches I used along with floss information and color numbers.

The W was stitched using Back Stitch in rows.  The holly leaves are Fishbone Stitch with a Straight Stitch vein.  The holly berries are Satin Stitch. The snow flakes are Straight Stitch and the gold dots are French Knots.


The floss I used for the W is a mixture of metallic floss and cotton floss. The mixture was made up of a gold metallic, a gold cotton and a cream cotton floss.

The snowflakes were done in silver metallic blending filament, and all the sparkly highlights were done with multicolor metallic blending filament.  They are both from Kreinik and are the two smaller spools you see below.  The large spool is Fil - metallic gold from DMC.

Here are the floss color numbers I used:



I recorded all of the details from this project in my Embroidery Journal.  I never get tired of using this and especially looking back over all my previous projects!





2 comments:

Darla Mae said...

Your Embroidery Journal is a brilliant idea and a great resource, Kim.

Kim said...

Hi Darlene - Thank you :)