Thursday, January 17, 2019

Winter Embroidery Pattern Project



This winter motif is from my Winter embroidery pattern:


I think this is a perfect color palette for imparting a snowy and frosty feeling:


I used the jewel effects metallic floss from DMC for the berries and lighter colored leaves



The list of stitches that I used on this project is as follows:  the small snowflakes are made with the Pistil Stitch, the berries and the large snowflake are Back Stitch.  The text and flourish line under the text are done with Stem Stitch and Whipped Stem Stitch. The leaves are done with Fishbone Stitch, the frame is done with Running Stitch and the whole motif is dotted with French Knots


Here are the color numbers of the floss I used:



4 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks Kim. Simple yet beautiful.

Kim said...

Hi Megan - Thank you :)

Darla Mae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Darlene

Kim said...

Hi Darlene :) Thank you!!