Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Life Is Better At The Beach Embroidery Project


The embroidery is all done on this project from my Beach House pattern set.

I used seven different stitches.  

The circle outline is Double Knot Stitch.   The starfish are Fishbone Stitch.  


The "life" text is a combination of Blanket Stitch, Back Stitch, Stem Stitch and a French Knot.


The text "is better at the" is also a combination of Back Stitch, Stem Stitch and a French Knot.
The "Beach" text is all Stem Stitch.  
The clam shell is outlined with Back Stitch and Stem Stitch.  The inside has French Knots and Straight Stitches


 The color palette for this project is so pretty!  I think the colors match some of the beautiful shades found in beach glass.

I recorded all the details of this project for my Embroidery Journal:


Here are the floss color numbers:








2 comments:

Bits of Stitching! said...

Beautiful subtle summery colors, and lovely use of the Double Knot and Fish Bone stitches!

Kim said...

Bits of Stithching - Thank you! I think those are two of my favorite stitches!