Thursday, August 20, 2009

butterfly work-in-progress update

Finally all the stitching is done on my butterfly wip. To fix the mistake I made on his eye, I tried to use a small silver sequin. It didn't look right so I ended up using a french knot! It looks a little odd but not bad enough to start over :)

I love the "butterfly" lettering and it was very easy to do. I like the way the letters look outlined but I may try a fill stitch and see if I like the look better. I have cut the denim fabric into an 8" x 8" square piece ready to be a patch for my denim tote bag or a journal cover.

No comments: