Friday, September 4, 2026

New Embroidery Floss

I ordered some new embroidery floss! 

This order is for pinks and greens that I am either running low on or that are "new to me" colors.  

You may remember my floss swatch sample books:  


I am matching the "new to me" colors to their swatch numbers:


and adding a swatch alongside the appropriate number:


These books number 1-2306 in volume one and 2307-4686 in volume two.  I like to have my swatches in numerical order rather than by color groups:


Next up is putting the floss onto bobbins and adding them to my collection!


Also, take a look at these beautiful blue shades.  These are wool threads for crewel embroidery.  I think I am starting a new hobby!  I suppose I will need to start a new floss swatch book for crewel wool.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, I think I could just play with all the glorious colors of floss and yarn and never pick up a needle to work with them. They are a joy unto themselves. But to create with them is the absolute best! (even though they are fun to just play with and match and sort and dream...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlene, LOL! I couldn't agree more - I love all the colors and organizing them...looking forward to collecting more of the wool thread too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wool thread is gorgeous. Love the saturated color!! And the texture of it...wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do too - have you ever used wool thread or done crewel embroidery?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Kim, I have done crewel embroidery many moons ago. lol I love everything about it, but especially the texture. ;-) In my younger years, I'm almost 68, I did all kinds of needlework, but forget how to do most of it now...but I find it's a lot like riding a bike. When I try something again, the old memories come back. Just wish I had more time, right now caring for family members...but someday I will get back to playing with floss and wool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darlene - I know you would love the texture! Lol - that is wonderful that you know all types of needlework. I used to do needlepoint from a kit {with a square canvas and wool yarn] - I loved it and made some beautiful pillows. Best wishes for your family members, how nice for them to have you help them.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog! I appreciate your readership and comments. I have comment moderation enabled to catch spam, so your comment will appear after it is approved. I love to answer back to your comments right here in the comments section. Thank you!