Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Embroidered Sunflower Napkin

 I just the stitching of this sunflower border for a table napkin.  The sunflower motif is from my Autumn pattern set.   

This stitched up beautifully and I love the colors I selected.  Happily, these napkins look great with these plates and now I need to decide which napkin ring suits them:


Here is the stitch information for this project.  The wheat sheaves are Stem Stitch, Lazy Daisy Stitch and Straight Stitch.  The sunflower petals are Long and Short Stitch.  The sunflower center is bordered with Double Knot Stitch and filled with short Straight Stitches.  The long crisscross lines are Trellis Couching Stitch:


Here is the floss color palette:


I made sure to record all the particulars in my embroidery journal.  I find this journal to be so helpful, sometimes I can't recall which pattern a certain motif is from and I can quickly find it here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog! I appreciate your readership and comments. I have comment moderation enabled to catch spam, so your comment will appear after it is approved. I love to answer back to your comments right here in the comments section. Thank you!