I have a finished project to share ... this is a chocolate chip mint ice cream cone. This motif is from my Summer hand embroidery pattern set.
You may remember these other projects from this pattern:
These projects have such bright colors! For the ice cream, I wanted to have a cool, refreshing tone. The mint green of chocolate chip mint ice cream is perfect! I added some white floss as well:
For the waffle cone, I used a variety of browns:
For the stitches, I outlined the cone with Stem Stitch and then whipped it with white floss. The inside is filled with random rows of Straight Stitch and Seeding Stitch for the chocolate chips.
The waffle cone is outlined with Back Stitch and filled with rows of Straight Stitch.
Here are the floss color numbers I used in this palette:
This was such a quick project, perfect for summer stitching!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello and welcome to my blog! I appreciate your readership and comments. I have comment moderation enabled to catch spam, so your comment will appear after it is approved. I love to answer back to your comments right here in the comments section. Thank you!