Saturday, May 21, 2022

Teddy Bear on a Swing Embroidery - Part Four

There is a little bit of progress to share on my teddy bear embroidery.  His face is filled in - mainly in Long and Short Stitch

I am experimenting on how to fill in the big tree trunk.  The whorls in the bark are made using Stem Stitch.  I am not sure if I will continue with the lines of Back Stitch to fill in all of the blank area.  As you can see from the motif, there is no line to define the left-side border of the trunk:

To finish this trunk, perhaps a sort of fading effect could be done by reducing the amount of stitches and plies of floss out to the edge...?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beginning to look cute Kim.
For the trunk maybe you could try some filling stitches and knot stitches here and there. Just a suggestion.

Waiting to see what you will do next.
Mallika

Kim said...

Hi Mallika - Thank you! Wonderful suggestions, I especially like the idea of using random knot stitches.