Friday, September 14, 2018

Berry Stitch


The Berry Stitch is the latest stitch I have learned on my 100 Stitches Plus journey.

To demonstrate, I used perle cotton floss.  The color number is DMC Color Variations 4210.  


The Berry Stitch is composed of two Lazy Daisy Stitches, one large and one small.  The small stitch is formed inside the large stitch.

My first step was to make the large Lazy Daisy:











Next, I formed the small Lazy Daisy.  Notice I started this inside the large stitch.






When I was finished, I secured my floss on the underside of the fabric:



The Berry Stitch is a versatile decorative stitch.  I thought it would look beautiful as the petals of a flower, so I added four more:



Then I formed a French Knot for the center:


This stitch is from the book Embroidery Stitches by Mary Webb.

No comments: