Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sea Myths


I have a new embroidery pattern set available!  This one is Sea Myths.  There are mermaids, King Neptune, sea monsters, sea shells, a kelpie and of course many sea myth related borders and embellishments.  

I had so much fun drawing these motifs!

Now I am transferring some of them to fabric and starting to stitch:


For floss, I will definitely be using some of the color variations floss.  These two greens and blues especially - I think that in these colors, it will make a beautiful underwater effect:



I am also using color variations in orange for this octopus. 


I will keep posting my progress on these!

4 comments:

Darla Mae said...

Hi Kim,

Every time I think you have topped yourself...you come up with something totally new and wonderful! This set is beautiful and so fun!

I think the colors will work out perfectly. I am anxious to see what you make first and how you will use it. I am thinking this set would look great on beach towels. But I wonder what you would use for that, maybe a crochet cotton? Or all six strands of floss?

Take care, Darlene

Kim said...

Hi Darlene - :) Thank you!! I am so glad you like this - I am really pleased with it and I am already stitching. Beach towels are a wonderful idea. I am planning on stitching on a beach tote. Good point about the floss- I have not had good results on towels with a heavy nap but I haven't tried a crochet cotton - thank you for the idea!

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

They look very nice! Congratulations!

Kim said...

Silvia - Thank you!