Wednesday, May 28, 2014
I have a part two to share of my ballerina pillow project. You can read part one here. You may remember I was figuring out all the different colors I was going to use on this project. There are three different ballet costumes to stitch.
I have started with the center costume, and stitched it in two shades of green. The bodice and ribbon on the hanger are in DMC #954 and the skirt is in DMC #369.
To add sparkle to the skirt and the X's on the bodice, I used sparkly metallic blending filament. This is Kreinik #001. I think this lighter green color with the added filament sort of makes the tutu part of this costume look lighter and more tulle - like!
The costume on the left side is going to be in purple and lilac. The purple is DMC #208 and the lilac is DMC #211.
I plan to add the sparkly touch with the blending filament for this one as well.
Next up will be the costume on the right side and I am thinking perhaps pinks for that one.