Friday, September 16, 2011

Two gingerbread stitchings

I have two new stitchings I am working on. This group of yummy candy:
and this sweet gingerbread house:
Both of these are from the Gingerbread Embroidery Pattern Packet
On both of these, I am using some interesting stitches.  The candy canes are the long and short stitch and the swirly candy is the whipped running stitch.  I am using dmc pearl cotton floss size 5 for this:
On the gingerbread house, I am using the whipped running stitch in minty green and chocolate brown floss. I think it looks like chocolate chip mint frosting!
For the candy decoration on the side of the house I am using the checkered chain stitch in red and white - and I'm sure by now you recognize the whipped running stitch in pink and purple around the door:
On the foundation line of the house I am using the double knot stitch...sort of unevenly - looking at this picture, I'm thinking I may have to go back and restitch the left side as there are too many knots too close together!
Did you notice that I have partially stitched different areas all over this pattern?  I find that I like to jump around and try out different colors and stitches to see how they are working together.   I prefer to do that rather than complete one area and then move on to the next...I wonder if that is the case for most stitchers?
I will be back with more progress pictures later!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful!!
Regards from Spain

donna!ee said...

gorgeous stitchery! my stitches have gotten more uniform & tight since i have your tutorials to practice with...thank you much kim! :)

Unknown said...

Looks amazing! Congrats! Can't wait to see the candies finished! xoxo

sew sew n sew said...

very nice embroidery! i'm thinking to do some embroidery to go with my patchwork little stuff~

Kim said...

Esmeralda- Thank you!
donna!ee - Thanks! I am so happy to hear about your stitching. I can't believe how much mine has improved from practice.
Simone - Thank you! I am almost finished with the candies :)
Thanks sew sew n sew - good idea - I love the look of embroidery and patchwork together.

Farah said...

Hi Kim.... your candy stitch is a lovely one and it looks so yummy too... Waiting for the finished project...
Visit me if you can
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

SaraCreations said...

Great!!!

Libby said...

So Cute Kim! Makes me ready to do some Christmas stitching!

Kim said...

Thank you Farah! I am almost finished :)
SaraCreations - Thank you!
Libby - Thanks! I know what you mean, I have to get stitching on some Christmas projects too!