Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beginning steps for an autumn stitching

I transferred this pattern to some fabric:
Now to choose some lovely autumn colors:
I think that for the acorn, I might try a combination of these sage greens, camel and dark brown:
For the big pumpkin, one of these oranges:
For the zinnia, petals in this dark red and the center in this deep yellow:
For the sunflower, a combination of these oranges for the petals, dark brown for the stripes in the center, and this soft yellow for the center:
For the chrysanthemum, I think a mixture of this warm yellow and dark yellow:
I will be posting updates on this project regularly, I am planning on using some fancy stitching that I will want to share!

5 comments:

sew sew n sew said...

I can't wait to see your updates on this!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I am so ready to watch you stitch this piece.

Poppy (xperimentl) said...

Hooray for autumn colors! Stitching in the fall is the greatest.

Kim said...

sew sew n sew and Carol - Thanks! I have already started satin stitching the zinnia - it is looking good!
Poppy - I love all these autumn colors - it is raining here today so they seem very fitting!

Farah said...

Waiting to see some new beauties Kim
Visit me if you can
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah