I could hardly wait to start stitching up these patterns. My first project was a tea towel. I had some beautiful white cotton in my fabric stash but I wanted a fabric with a little more "fall" color so I dyed the white cotton in tea! To get the right color, I put the fabric in a bowl of water. I used about five tea bags and let the fabric sit in this overnight. Then I rinsed it, let it dry and transferred my pattern:
I started out with the colors you see in the above picture but didn't really like the look. I eventually took out the gold colored floss on the acorn tops and the sage green on the acorn bottoms. Instead, I used a combination of floss in green/sage green/mustard color for the acorn tops and two rows of two different browns for the acorn bottoms. I like the new look much better:
Then I hemmed the bottom with a running stitch and now have a fall-themed tea towel!