Thursday, September 28, 2023

Baby Giraffe Embroidery Pattern

I have a new embroidery pattern set available in my shop!  This one is titled Baby Giraffe.  There are five pages of giraffe images.




I embroidered this one first:  


His spots are stitched using the Satin Stitch.  The tree leaves are stitched with Fishbone Stitch.  The tree trunk is Stem Stitch:


The giraffe is outlined with Back Stitch.  His horns and eyebrow are rows of Back Stitch. His eyes, nose and hoofs are Satin Stitch.  His eyelashes, mouth and the grass are Straight Stitch.  

His mane is Blanket Stitch and his tail and forelock are Turkey Work.


Here are the floss color numbers I used for this project palette:






4 comments:

Darla Mae said...

What a sweet set, Kim. It makes me smile, such a fun design.

Kim said...

Hi Darlene - Thank you! So happy to hear that :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Very cute pattern. The spots have a raised effect. This makes the pattern have depth. Your pattern reminds me of my childhood pictorial book The Elephant's Birthday Party. Your giraffe is just like the baby giraffe in that book.
The colour palette is soothing and attractive at the same time.
Wishing a sold out to this in your shop:)
Mallika

Kim said...

Hi Mallika,
Thank you so much! I love the raised effect too - the Satin Stitch worked really well on these.