Friday, January 17, 2020

Valentine's Day Embroidery - Part One


I have a new work in progress to share.  I am embroidering a table runner for Valentine's Day.

This motif is actually from my Wedding embroidery pattern but I think it is perfect for Valentine's Day



After transferring the motif to my fabric with a water soluble marking pen, I stitched the three hearts.  I used Straight Stitch to fill the hearts and Stem Stitch to outline them.



Then I added these small seed beads for some sparkle.



Next step is embroidering the swirly lines ~not sure which stitch I will use~  and then adding either sequins or more beads...I haven't decided which yet!


7 comments:

Mary said...

Very pretty, I love the sequins.

Kim said...

Hi Mary :) Thank you! I love them too.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Every thing is better with beads! Love your hearts. They are a nice reminder that I need to think about hearts.
xx, Carol

Denise :) said...

Ooooh! This is very fun...and *sparkly*!! :)

Kim said...

Hi Carol! Thank you :)
Hi Denise :) I do too!!

Darla Mae said...

Oh, Kim...it's just gorgeous!

Kim said...

Hi Darlene - Thank you!!