Thursday, January 5, 2017

Hey Y'all Embroidery


 I just finished stitching this star and "Hey Y'all" text from the Texas! embroidery pattern set.  



I used French Knots for the star.  I used six strands of cotton floss for each French Knot.  The red is DMC no. 666, the blue is DMC no. 823 and the white is DMC blanc.



The lettering is down using Whipped Back Stitch. The brown floss is perle cotton, DMC no. 801.  The gold is Kreinik blending filament, Kreinik no. 002HL.  I love the Kreinik blending filament - it is very easy to work with!  I used two strands of the filament for the whipping.


This turned out really nice - I love the way the French Knots filled in the star shape!

4 comments:

Darla Mae said...

Oh, Kim, the star is fabulous! I do love french knots. So, what are your plans for this project?

Darlene

Kim said...

Hi Darlene - Happy New Year! Thank you so much - for right now, I wanted to complete this as a sample for this pattern set. I am going to post it on my Pinterest page :)

Loretta said...

so cute! nice work on the french knots ;)

Kim said...

Hi Loretta - Thank you!! :)