Saturday, April 26, 2014
I have a little more progress to show on one of my Easter motifs. I have finished the three flowers, I filled them in with seed stitch in two different pink colors. I like the effect the two colors give.
I have also finished the flower stems. Now onto all the leaves and grass and of course the eggs:
I am trying to choose the right colors for the leaves and grass. So far, I have tried stitching some in the same green as the stems but I thought was just too much of the same shade without enough definition of where the leaves and stems meet and cross. I also tried a darker shade that ultimately didn't work either. You can probably see all the stitching marks along the leaves!
I have been working with these colors and now I think I may try a combination of a few of these:
I will be sure to post some pictures of the finished piece with whichever greens I choose!