Thursday, October 24, 2013
I am stitching up a project for a sweet baby boy that has just been born. We had a cowboy themed baby shower earlier this summer for his mom and it really inspired me to make a cowboy themed hand embroidery pattern set. I am so glad I did because now I am embroidering a project for his nursery. I started by putting together several of the motifs from the Cowboy pattern packet and transferred them onto this beautiful linen fabric:
I have done some of the stitching but now I am re-thinking the floss color I am using for the rope. I had used the variegated floss you see on the left and I liked it until I was done. Looking at it, I realized it wasn't going to be a good match with the other strong colors in this project...
such as the red I am using for the name. So I switched to this brown and I am so much happier with it. I am thinking I will use silver metallic thread for these horse shoes you can see above the name:
they will match the spur I have already done on his boot:
The baby's nursery is all done in barn red, brown, blues and cream. I hope these colors will be perfect!