Thursday, June 20, 2013
I have an update on my La Cucina stitching project. You may remember I was satin stitching the lettering with perle cotton floss?
Well, I wasn't really thrilled with the uneven, patchy look of the "C" so when I started on the "u" I used a back stitch for the outline and to fill in the letter. I am much happier with the even-edged chunky look. I think the small "c" looks great too so that is the stitch I am going to use for all the lettering:
The satin stitching does look really good on the decorative border, especially in this dark yellow floss. This is DMC #742:
I love yellow and especially yellow roses! I wanted to share a picture of these beautiful roses. These are some blooms from my garden, the yellow and pink/yellow are the Peace tea rose, the red bud is from the Chrysler Imperial tea rose. They are both really easy to grow. I see plenty of new buds so more pictures to follow!