You might remember the little incident that occured when I was taking out some stitches on this project. I'm happy to say this has all been fixed!
I really want to thank everyone for their helpful comments on that post, I really appreciate it and I received so many good ideas and solutions. The solution I used was to carefully stitch over the hole with long stitches, first horizontally:
and then vertically. For the vertical stitches, I wove the thread over and under the horizontal thread. This was quite a challenge! In fact, I had to use a delicate sewing needle with a tiny eye rather than my usual embroidery needle. When I first started the repairing stitches, I used white sewing thread. The whites didn't quite match so it was very obvious and the sewing thread weight-wise was actually too coarse and heavy. I wasn't sure what sort of thread to use that would match both in color and weight. After a bit of experimenting, I ended up using a thread from my embroidery fabric! I carefully pulled the thread out of the weave along the cut edge of my fabric. It worked really well and you can barely see the repair.
The next step was to re-stitch the double knot stitch across the top of the curtain:
Now the repair just fades into the background :)
I finished the patisserie sign, if you remember on my last wip post, I had stitched the "e" in pink. I didn't like the way it looked so I decided to carefully take the pink stitches out and stitch all the letters in black.
I have completed all the stitching around the building. To make the foundation line of the shop stand out, I used two lines of stitching. One in a light gray and one in a darker gray. I also stitched all the delicious sweets in the patisserie.
I used the double knot stitch on the second tier of this three-tiered cake and I am really pleased with the frosting look that a border of french knots gives:
I love the way this turned out!