Thursday, October 8, 2015

Two New Works In Progress


I have two new works in progress to share.  The first one a set of napkins.  I will be embroidering an Autumn motif on each one.
For my first napkin, I am stitching this beautiful leaf garland.

This is the Fishbone Stitch that I am using for the leaves.  I love this stitch because it is easy to do and fills a leaf shape so nicely! 



I really like the cream colored fabric that I am using for the napkins.  This is a fabric I have had for a long time and I think it will be perfect sewn up into napkins.  I have already used some of this fabric for a table topper.  You can see that project {here}.  


My next project is a tea towel embroidered with tiki-statues and interesting border.  You may remember when I was planning this - you can read about it {here}.  Since that post, I have made some progress:


I have finished the border. I did the whole thing in Stem Stitch.  The floss is perle cotton {dmc color variations 4200}.  


Now I need to choose the floss colors for these three.  Should be fun!


2 comments:

Darlene said...

I like how you always have such different projects going. If you tire of one, then you have a totally different one to go to. I am curious to see which colors you choose on the tiki project. Fun, indeed!

Kim said...

:) Thank you Darlene! I really like to have a variety of things to stitch. Yes I am looking forward to selecting the colors!