Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Le Chat Stitching Details and a Work-In-Progress


After introducing the Le Chat pattern set on my last blog post {here},  I wanted to share some of the stitching details on this particular project. 

I used Stem Stitch on the woman's skirt, legs and shoe straps.  For her shoes, I used the Split Stitch.  I also used the Stem Stitch for the wrought-iron fencing and the Satin Stitch for the fence finials.   

For the cat's leash, I used the Stem Stitch in metallic cord.  It worked really well:


The cat is outlined in Stem Stitch, with two rows on back of his legs and tail to give a little more weight and emphasis.  His fancy collar is all Satin Stitch. 

For the cat's eye, I used Satin Stitch and I combined blending filament with the floss to add sparkle.  His nose is also stitched in Satin Stitch.  For the planter, I used Stem Stitch.  The leaves are Fishbone Stitch and the flower is Long and Short Stitch with a French Knot Center.



The curb is done in Back Stitch and the road edge is in Stem Stitch.



For all the floss I used, here are the color numbers:









Now onto my work-in-progress.  It is the cat sitting in a bicycle shopping basket.  I am selecting my colors and experimenting with which stitches to use!




I will be sure to post my progress!


7 comments:

Ana Love Craft said...

I loooove this, Kim! The cat's leash is perfect!
Have a fabulous day!
Hugs from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft,
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Hi Ana,
Thank you! Have a super weekend :)

Darlene said...

I really like the colors you chose for this project! The next project looks so darn cute. I can't wait to see it finished.

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

It's a very beautiful project! Love it :)

Kim said...

Darlene - Thank you! I'm looking so forward to stitching this one up :)
Silvia - Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you chose!

Kim said...

fhlstitching - Thank you! I love pink and black together :)