Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ballerina Pillow Project - Part Eight


The ballerina pillow is just about finished!  The only steps left are filling the pillow and adding the trim.

Since my last post on this project, I put the front and back pillow panels together and determined the final pillow size.  It is going to be approximately 13" x 8".

I pinned the two panels with the right sides together


and then cut off the excess fabric on all four sides.   I sewed the two panels together, leaving about a 2" opening on one edge to turn the pillow right side out. 


Once I fill the pillow, I will hand stitch this gap closed.


My last step will be to embellish the pillow with this beautiful green velvet trim. 


I am really looking forward to finishing this up!

3 comments:

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

I can't wait to see it :))

Darlene said...

I'm anxious, too! And I still love those black hangers! LOL!

Kim said...

Silvia - Me too! I am nearly finished :)
Darlene - Thanks :) I love them too!