Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Ballerina Pillow - Part Three



I have a quick update on my ballerina pillow project.  You may read the previous posts for this project here {part one} {part two


I have stitched the outline of the purple tutu - I did this in back stitch.  I need to fill in all little details on the tutu and the design on the bodice area.
I also made some progress on the pink tutu - also in back stitch.  For the shoulder straps on this one, I am using the double knot stitch


I talked about the green and lavender floss colors I am using in my last post on this project.  Now for the pinks,  I am using DMC #603 {dark pink} and #605 {light pink}.  They are both so pretty! I love the way they look with the other colors in this palette:


My next step is to finish all three ballet costumes and then start on the fancy motif at the top: 
 

4 comments:

Darlene said...

I so enjoy seeing your progress!
Thanks for showing us.

Lilasesazuis Gata said...

Kim,

Will be very beautiful ... the dancers lead us to dream!

beijinhos,

Lígia e =^.^=

Ana Lopes said...

Your embroideries are getting so beautiful! All colors are really gorgeous!Delicate, love it!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Darlene - You are welcome! I will post the rest of my progress on this one soon :)
Ligia - Thank you!!
Ana - Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too :)