Saturday, October 5, 2013

Laura Wheeler Pattern - Update



One of the projects on my list of works-in-progress is the Laura Wheeler vintage pattern for a dog.  Do you remember this?   I have the doggy put together and the next step is to add his nose.   I have cut the nose pattern piece out of this nice black fabric.  You only need one piece.  I am a little concerned about attaching this because the only instruction on the pattern piece or direction sheet is to "sew up dart" where indicated - nothing about turning the raw edges under or stitching it in place on the dog!  I think I can probably figure it out...


I used this pink fabric for his tongue.   I am remembering to put a sample of each of my fabrics in my sewing journal


and of course to record all the details of the pattern!


I will make sure to post a picture when I finish this - I still need to find eyes and a ribbon.

5 comments:

Ruth B said...

Sounds cute....can't wait to see it!

Darlene said...

Love the tease in the last photo! Pretty blue fabric!

Kim said...

Thank you Ruth! As soon as I have him finished up I will post a picture.
Darlene - lol! Thank you! I didn't want to show him until he has his nose and eyes!

Roberta Bortoluzzi said...

Oi amiga, adorei todas as novidades do teu blog, também trago novidades no meu blog para ti contar, confira e depois deixe um comentário para eu poder saber o que achastes,beijokas.
http://www.titacarre.com
http://elo7.com.br/titacarre

Kim said...

Obrigado Roberta! Estou tão feliz que você gosta deste. Vou visitar o seu site. Obrigado pelo link.