Saturday, January 16, 2021

Long Tailed Daisy Stitch

Notice the orange stamens in this flower? They are formed using the Long Tailed Daisy Stitch. This stitch is the next entry I am adding to my 100 Stitches plus list.  

To demonstrate this simple and versatile stitch, I am using perle cotton floss in blue - this is DMC no. 3843.

The Long Tailed Daisy Stitch is actually just a Lazy Daisy Stitch {which I demonstrated here}but the loop is much smaller and the securing stitch is longer and forms the tail. 








You can make the tail any length you prefer.   The Lazy Daisy Stitches forming the blue flowers on the left show the difference between the two stitches:

I learned this stitch from the book Embroidery by Mary Webb.







  

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you for these stitch tutorials, they are so easy to follow with clear and detailed pictures.

Kim said...

Hi Queeniepatch - I am so happy these are easy to follow - I really enjoy posting these!