Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Progress Report - Space Stitching Part 5



Do you remember my space stitching project?  {If not, you can review my progress here: 1, 2, 3 and 4}. I have made a tiny bit of progress that I can share.  I have stitched part of the astronaut in white back stitch:


I have added some french knots in silver for the far away stars and now I am experimenting with stitches and colors for the close up stars.  So far, I have tried yellow floss mixed with silver blending filament to add some sparkle.  The yellow is six strands of DMC #973 and the blending filament is Kreinik #095


The far away stars are silver metallic thread - Kreinik fine braid #001.  I love this and I need to buy some more as this piece is all I have left!



I used gray for the astronaut's faceplate - this is DMC # 415 but now that I am looking at it, I am very tempted to take it out and replace it with this black floss:


I think it will look really good all filled in with the black floss- it will be a nice contrast as I plan to fill in the astronaut's suit and helmet with white floss. 


Gray or black, I would love to hear which color you would choose!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely, gray! More soft, I think the result would be better, for sure. I'm in love with this pattern!

Sparklyjools said...

If he's to be pure white then black would be a strong contrast, but I think I favour the gray, as I think it's more 'Kim style'!. This would be such a fun project for a little boy's room!

Kim said...

Thank you ladies! I think I will go with the gray :)

MomWaldsPlace said...

Bravo for the gray! You are going to fill the white? Wow, you are awesome.

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Hi Kim! I haven't been by in a while... I am loving all the WIPS you have! The La Cucina piece is gorgeous!

I am loving your astronaut. It's a toss up for me on the gray versus black... The gray looks good against the white, though, so I would go with that!

Sending you all my best!

Kim said...

Hi Mary - Thank you and yes I am planning :) to fill in the white!
Kristen - Thank you! I have been really busy with these wips. Thank you for your input - gray it is!