Monday, November 8, 2010

Color - whites and grays

I have been stitching snowflakes and snowmen - mostly on white fabric. I love the look of white on white but look at these beautiful floss colors: the are all pearl cotton floss, size 5. The gray on the left is dmc #414, the middle one is dmc #762 and the one on the right is dmc #5200. I wanted to try the grays on white so I stitched this snowflake border with the medium gray #762: I think it looks beautiful against white fabric!The white floss looks good on white and also on this powder blue fabric: Now to find a project for the darker gray floss!

8 comments:

Farah said...

Hello Kim...white on white is an absolute beauty... no doubt in it ... it looks very beautiful... Still I am planning something to embroidered.. hope soon:). check my new post there I am showing some embroidered pillows by my MIl, hope you like it, they are very old in her very young age, now she give them to me, and I love them... Hope you enjoyed..
Love
Farah

Mary Corbet said...

Hi, Kim - The grey looks absolutely gorgeous on the white - perfect for your snowflakes, which are also gorgeous! I like the combination of the daisy stitch and the knots, and the little knots scattered in between. Nice!!

Best,
Mary

Kim said...

Thank you Farah! I am looking forward to seeing the embroidery project you are planning - I did check your post - Gorgeous pillows! Your MIL's stitching is just beautiful!
Hi Mary - Thank you! I enjoyed stitching with this floss. I had previously stitched several of these snowflakes in blue metallic floss (always a challenge for me to use) so by comparison, the daisy stitches and knots in this pearl cotton were a real treat to stitch!

Nichole Dominguez said...

Wow, that grey on white is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hi, Kim! The colors are so beautiful! This series is getting pretty. Congrats!

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

I love this combination of colours too!!

My 1st Bambina ! said...

Love that #762 on the light blue fabric... gorgeous !!!
It even looks variegated !!!

Kim said...

Thank you Monika! I just love using the pearl cotton floss.