Thursday, December 4, 2014

Triceratops Project - Part Five


I am still working on my triceratops project.  Since I last posted about this, I have filled in the rest of the tree leaves.  I have used a straight stitch with a single strand of floss to fill them in. 


I am using the same method for the plants on either side of the text:



And also for the text:


I haven't made any progress on the volcano since my last post.  I think I will use the same filling method for the actual mountain. 


Here is the triceratops...I have a bit more progress to show:


This project has really been fun.  I like these patterns and the way they are working together. 

A very young relative of mine likes these patterns too; but not for embroidery! 
He loves dinosaurs and he helped me color these...he chose the colors and did some of the coloring :)

5 comments:

Darlene said...

I love the way you are filling in the leaves and text. It is "clean and uncluttered" but still does the purpose of filling in. I think it looks great.

Kim said...

Thank you Darlene! I like the uncluttered look too - I think it will really work for the volcano and smoke.

Ellie Stratton said...

You have created a simple and a nice design. I like your way of filling the trees and dinosaurs in the design. I personally like to work on small projects related to nature.

Kim said...

Ellie Stratton - Thank you! For these bigger scale projects, this fill is really easy and quick to do :)

Ellie Stratton said...

Kim, you are absolutely right. Instead of just doing close stitches, we can use your way for working on bigger projects. This type of filling is easy and looks good.