Thursday, February 20, 2014

Easter Motifs - Part One

 


You may remember from the last part of this post that I have several Easter projects in the works. 

I have three Easter motifs that I am stitching.  The motifs are a little spring chick, a basket full of Easter eggs, and  some Easter eggs surrounded by grass and flowers.  I am using these blue, yellow and green fabrics.  I have already transferred my patterns:


First up is the little spring chick.  As you can see, I am using the blue fabric for him.  I love blue and yellow together so I think this will look really good.  Now I need to select which shade of yellow! Also for the little flowers, I am deciding between these pinks... 


or these lavender / purples.  So far, I think I am leaning towards the lavenders?   


I will post my progress as I go along. 

9 comments:

Sparklyjools said...

Lavenders are my preference, I always think yellows, soft purples and blues are the colours for spring flowers. These look so much fun. I must start thinking about Easter and do something appropriate, thanks for the reminder Kim.:)!

Наталья Снежная said...

Lavenders more better!))) for me))

Darlene said...

Lavender for sure! The pinks look kinda "blah", but the lavenders make it all "pop"

Kim said...

Jules - Thank you for the input! I agree about the Easter and spring colors. I think I will go with the lavenders for sure.
Наталья Снежная - Thank you :) I love lavenders too!
Darlene - Thank you, I think so too about the pink!

MomWaldsPlace said...

I have not been able to get excited about spring decorated, but after seeing your lovely colors I am. Thanks!

Starr White said...

Aw, these patterns are so sweet, and the colors are so soft and pretty. Have you any plans for how you will use them? I'm always curious about how people use their finished embroideries.

Kim said...

Hi Mary - Great! Thank you :)
Starr - Thanks! I am doing these three as samples but I love to embroider on linens and I also like to frame my embroideries.

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

These motifs are really cute! I love the colours you're using :)

Kim said...

Silvia - Thank you! I will post a picture when I have them stitched up.