Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Easter Egg - Part One

 I am starting an Easter egg stitching project.  I am stitching this egg onto white fabric.  The egg features a ribbon at the top, decorative lines and some flowers at the base.  There are a lot of opportunities for color:


I am settling in on this color scheme - light and dark greens, pinks, blues and purples.  I have a yellow for the flower centers and of course white for the egg :)


I used perle cotton for the egg outline.  I am stitching the ribbon in the light purple cotton floss, this is such a pretty color!
To fill the ribbon, I am using lines of split stitch.  I used the back stitch in green to add a decorative line to the egg.  I like the look that two shades of green give this:


Here is a close up of the split stitching:


I will post some more pictures as I progress!

13 comments:

dandelion said...

this is looking so pretty, I always love your colours x

Jeito Mineiro de Ser said...

Muito fofo!
Um abraço!

Egléa

Lilasesazuis said...

KIm...imagino o trabalho todo pronto!!

Ai...ficará lindo!!

beijinhos,

Lígia e turminha:))

Makolina said...

wow! i love it! super! pozdrowienia z Polski! Kasia

Kim said...

Kate - Thank you! I love these colors, I will be putting the dark purple on the ribbon underside, I hope it looks good with the light purple!
Eglea - Obrigado! abraços :)
Ligia - Lol! Sim, é muito trabalho! Eu estou gostando de bordar isso. Obrigado!
Kasia - Pozdrowienia! Dziękuję :)

MomWaldsPlace said...

That's right, we need to start thinking about Easter NOW.

Bobbypin Bandit said...

I love the look of the ribbon with the split stitch and that lilacy color is a wonderful choice! Can't wait to see the finished egg!

Donna said...

I just ordered your Easter Embroidery Pattern Packet and I couldn't be more pleased! Everything in is is charming. I love all the bunnies, ducks, chicks, eggs, baskets,and flowers. It feels like spring is already here! Thanks for your beautiful artwork. I only wish I could stitch as well as you. Your Easter egg is going to be lovely. I love your choice of colors. I like it when you indicate the color numbers. Thanks for your inspiring blog.

Kim said...

Mom Wald - So true!
Kristen - Thank you - I am really happy with the split stitch as my filling stitch on this ribbon. It is a quick and easy stitch.
Donna - Thank you and thank you for your sweet comment!! I am so happy you like the patterns! I will make sure I indicate the color numbers on this. Have fun stitching!

janice15 said...

I think this is gonna be very sweet and pretty...can't wait to see the finished product...HAPPY SUNDAY with love Janice

JennyPennyPoppy said...

This is going to look so nice! Your split stitches look great. You certainly are ahead of the game with getting something lovely stitched in time for Easter.

Sara said...

I bet this will look fabulous once stitched completely. Keep up the good work dear.

Kim said...

Hi Janice - Thank you!
Jeanette - Thanks! Yes I am starting early! I love the split stitch - I don't use it nearly enough and it is so nice for filling in space!
Sara - :) Thank you!