Do you remember this wip? Well I have finished all of the stitching:
The embroidery pattern has five buttons to transfer and stitch. On my last post about this, I was thinking maybe it would work to embroider actual buttons on the project. Thank you everyone for your positive comments about buttons on that post - I did stitch them on and I love the result!
For the pins in the pincushion, I am looking for beads that are the right size/colors (thank you Rachel for the great idea!) but until I find them, I put these actual sewing pins into the fabric. I secured them on the back:
Here is a picture from the side so that you can see how 3-d this looks. I love it!
To finish this, I would like to frame it. It will fit beautifully in an 8-1/2 x 11" frame with plenty of room for a creative matting/border. I may even use a shadow box frame like the Shhh...Baby's Sleeping picture shower gift I did - you can see that here . Once I find the right beads for the pins and make a decision on the frame, I will post my results!