Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ballerina

There is a new embroidery pattern packet in my Etsy shop!  The title is Ballerina.  I stitched this from the packet:


On this particular pattern, there are fench knots embellishing the curvy lines.  You may have noticed that instead of french knots, I sewed on sequins!  I have a question for anyone that has experience sewing on sequins - which way should the sequin sit on the fabric - convex or concave?  I did mine convex because I like the way it looks, but I was wondering if there is any advantage  / disadvantage either way? I sewed these on with a bead on top of each sequin:


I have also stitched a few ballerinas:



I will be sharing some more about how I used these sequins and beads in another post - as well as many more of my projects from this pattern packet!  Here is what the pattern packet looks like:




5 comments:

Ana Love Craft said...

So sweet your ballerina !!!!
Have a wonderful week.

Hugs from Portugal
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Rosamargarita said...

Es una bailarina muy hermosa, tienes unas manos perfectas para el bordado.
Un abrazo
GRACIAS por no tener palabra de verificación

Kim said...

Ana - Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful week too!
Rosamargarita - ¡Gracias! Me divertí costura estos :)

KJ. said...

I have always sewn sequins on concave, like a teacup. :)
KJ (Seahills@Flickr)

Kim said...

Hi KJ - Thanks! I am going to try stitching them concave too.