Monday, December 5, 2011

Door hanger - finished!

Guess which project this regal looking trim is for? This is the trimming for the bottom edge:


and this matching trim is for the top:


This is trim for a wip I posted about a while back. Do you remember this little lion stitching?



It is a stitching from the Shhh...Baby's Sleeping embroidery pattern packet and it features a sleeping lion:


and the words Shhh...Baby's Sleeping


I finally found two beautiful trims that matched the colors of this stitching perfectly!



I needed these trims to finish my gift for a baby shower I attended this last weekend.  My cousin is having a baby boy in January and for her gift, I made this door hanger.  I used the top trim to make a loop that can fit over the baby's room door handle:


I love the way it turned out!

15 comments:

Anita said...

Your work is just beautiful.

Unknown said...

This finished work is amazing! Great job, dear! xoxo

Denise :) said...

This is absolutely darling! I love, love it. I think I may need to make something similar for my almost-here granddaughter!! :)

Susan @ Pink Portuguese Roses said...

This is so cute!!!! What a wonderful job.

I guess I better make some of those...LOL!!!

Angela Lee said...

Love, love, love it! It turned out beautiful. Great job. I bet your cousin loved it too.

Annette-California said...

This looks so pretty what a beautiful finish. The trim is perfect Kim. What perfect stitches ;)

Digna said...

Ohhh, lovely baby lion. So cute.

donna!ee said...

absolutely gorgeous stitching turned into a perfect door hanger...big fan! :)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's fabulous!!

Farah said...

Oh so sweet Kim... A perfect new idea for a door... your embroidery touch is so adorable sooooo lovely....
Happy if you come to see me at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
with love from
Farah

Sparklyjools said...

That is just lovele Kim!

SaraCreations said...

oh, so sweet and precious!

Kim said...

Anita - Thank you!
Thank you Simone :)
Denise - Thanks - you should!-This was fun to make.
Susan - Thank you!
Angela - Thanks - she did love it!
Annette - Thank you - I was so excited when I saw that trim - i love the curly look to it!
Digna - Thank you!
Donna!ee - :) Thanks!
Archie - Thanks!
Farah - Thank you :)
Jules - Thanks!
Sara - Thank you!

A Creative Life said...

Love the door hanger. Its awesome.

Kim said...

Hi Rashida - Thank you! My cousin loved it.