Friday, January 28, 2011

Isn't this a sweet little doggie?! I can't wait to try this pattern! He is from a pattern packet that my grandma had. I don't know how old this pattern is, but it is on one huge sheet of paper and the individual pattern pieces have not been cut. I think I will scan this and work from a copy so that I can keep the pattern sheet as is: In the same envelope, there is a pattern for a large cat - those pieces have all been cut out. I would love to make the cat too! She also had these embroidery pattern transfers - there is an Aunt Martha "pillow slips" transfer, a Walker's Old Mexico and a Walker's Initials for Monograms.
There is also this beautiful needle package - I just LOVE the graphics on this:

10 comments:

Libby said...

Oooh! LUCKY!! I can't wait to see what you make!

Sara said...

How cute;) It should come out wonderful:)

Haws Family said...

I have some really neat patterns from my grandma too. Isn't that the best??

Anonymous said...

hello from France
i like it how nice it is
have a good day

Unknown said...

Oh, Kim! This is beautiful! So funny! Could you share these patterns on Etsy? Is it possible? Kisses!

olisa said...

What a treasure trove of goodness from your grandmother! You're going to have so much fun!

Kim said...

Libby - Thank you! I can't wait to get started.
Sara - Thanks! I am really going to enjoy picking out the fabric for the dog - I am thinking maybe plaid?
Haws Family - It is the best :) I love the look that these older patterns have!
Anonymous - Hello and thank you!
Simone - Thank you Simone! No - I couldn't part with these now!
Olisa - Thanks! I am so glad I found all these!

Farah said...

Kim that's so interesting that you share your family treasure with all of us...I am sure you will be proud of it ... Waiting for your next upcoming project...
Hope you would like to spare a little bit of your time for me sure you will enjoy
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Sparky said...

Great dog...will you be doing this...still asking, Kim...please connect..say YES lol

Helmi said...

Yes, he is a great dog!
grt, Helmi