Monday, February 29, 2016

Mid-Century Modern House Project Part Two



I have a finish and some new projects to share. Remember my Mid-Century Modern House?   I finished up with the stitching. 
I like the simplicity of this design so I kept the stitching really simple, only using three different stitches: Back Stitch, Straight Stitch and Split Stitch
I especially like the back stitch on the minimalist style lettering.

You may remember that on my previous post about this project, I was discussing my limited color palette:



 and whether I wanted to incorporate more colors.   



I decided to stick with my original color palette, in fact I didn't even end up using the black!  I think for this design, less color turned out to be the better choice:


Here is a list of the floss colors I used:




Now for some new stitching projects featuring motifs from the same Home Sweet Home pattern set:


4 comments:

Ana Love Craft said...

Such a lovely embroidery, Kim! Love it!
Wishing you a wonderful week!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Kim said...

:) Thank you Ana! Wishing you the same!

Darla Mae said...

Hi Kim~

I think this turned out perfect! I think you were right to limit the colors. The simple, clean lines of the house calls for simple colors, not more. I love the colors together. great job!

Darlene

Kim said...

Thank you Darlene! This was a fun project :)