Monday, September 28, 2015

Le Chat - Part Three


I have a couple of finishes to show. You may remember back when I started these.  Now that the stitching is done on both, I wanted to share the colors and stitches I used. 


First up is this cat in a bicycle basket.  I used both Stem Stitch and Back Stitch for all the outlining. French Knots for the flower centers, Straight Stitch on the basket and the flowers.  I used Satin Stitch on the kitty's eyes, nose and the bicycle hand grips. 


Here are the floss colors and numbers I used:



Now for the kitten.  He was done in Stem Stitch and his eyes and nose in Satin Stitch.  His pink bow was also Stem Stitch. For the settee and cushions, I used Back Stitch, Stem Stitch and Straight Stitches.



Here are the floss colors and numbers in this palette:






Both of these were very enjoyable to stitch!  I especially liked making the eyes of both cats. To emphasize their eyes and make them sparkly, I first used a base color {green for the cat and blue for the kitten} and added some metallic blending filament.  I used Kreinik Blending Filament.  I love using it because it is easy to work with, it blends beautifully with any color I have tried and really adds sparkle:



6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Such cute kitties..are you going to stitch any Halloween kitties? I have that Kreninik but haven't tried it yet. I absolutely Hate stitching with the DMC metallics. Glad you mentioned the Kreninik here and reminded me I have it.
xx, Carol

Kim said...

Thanks Carol! I think you will love using the Kreinik - let me know what you think about it. No I don't have any halloween kitties lol - one of these would look good in all black I think!

Darlene said...

I second Carol's idea, you definitely need to make a Halloween Kitty! I was just thinking of the first cat project and wondering if you had done any more. I think I have my answer! lol!

I love the colors you chose. You always do such a great job with colors and have a knack for choosing well.

Thanks for showing us the update.

Kim said...

:) Thank you Darlene!!

Jordan said...

So cute! I love the color choices here. The pink looks so nice and bright! Thanks for sharing your work.

Kim said...

Thank you Jordan! I love that shade of pink :)