Saturday, May 23, 2015

Hawaii Stitching



You can see I have been very busy stitching up motifs from the new Hawaii Embroidery pattern.  I finished the Aloha and hula dancer:


and this pineapple and flower:


I used all perle cotton for stitching the pineapple.  I especially like the Chain Stitch in this variegated floss.  It really gave the pineapple great color and texture. 


I used the Fishbone Stitch for the leaves.  For the purple flower, I used Stem Stitch for the outline, Blanket Stitch for the center radials and French Knots for the center.  The petals are filled with Seed Stitch:


Here are the colors and numbers of the floss I used on these two projects.

For the aloha and hula dancer:



For the pineapple and flower:




Up next is this Mahalo with flowers and bamboo and then these tiki statues!

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh my gosh, I love all the texture. This is so pretty. I can't wait to see the next one, it looks so interesting and I am curious to see what you choose for it.

Summer said...

very very pretty designs.

Kim said...

Darlene - Thank you! I love the texture the perle cotton gives - it is so easy to stitch with too.
summer - :) Thank you!!