Friday, January 2, 2015

Candy & Sweets



I have a new embroidery pattern set to introduce.  It is called Candy & Sweets. 
I have already started stitching this delicious looking cupcake and candy motif. 

I am doing the banner in a dark pink and using parallel lines of split stitch to fill it in. 
I am using three strands of floss for this.

For the cupcake frosting, I have started with this lighter pink floss and I am doing the stem stitch
For a fluffier frosting look I am using all six strands of floss.  The cupcake will be in this nice chocolate looking brown:


Those three are the colors I have used so far...I am thinking some nice purples and minty greens will be added.  Oh and of course red for the cherry on the cupcake:


Here is a look at the pattern set.  It is available here.


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a "sweet" pattern :) And the colors are simply lovely.

Happy New Year to you! Hugs!

Kim said...

:) Thank you Stephanie - Happy New Year to you as well!

Annette-California said...

This is soooo super cute! My tree this year was "Gingerbread and Candy"! Love your stitching!!
Happy New Year - love Annette

Kim said...

Thank you Annette! Your tree sounds wonderful :) Happy New Year