Thursday, May 9, 2013

Progress Report - Laura Wheeler Dog Pattern

I have some progress to report on the Laura Wheeler dog pattern project.   Since my last post,  I cut out the body pieces and the ear pieces and transferred all the pattern markings:


I sewed them all together.  I have run into quite a few problems!  I have had some trouble with seams lining up. Under each leg I had to rip out my stitching because of puckers and hand stitch them back together.  I also had trouble with the head.  I noticed the top of the head piece and the face piece were not really fitting together correctly, I did something wrong pinning them in and stitching and now it is off center.  I don't know exactly where I went wrong, but I am going to finish him and then try this pattern over again.  What do you think of his color combination?  I love his white underside!


I am using a loose fiberfill for the stuffing.



It packs in really nicely to fill out the legs and the tail. 


Now I am working on the ears.   I used a small piece of fusible interfacing inside each ear.  These pins are marking where his left ear will sit, the pattern instructions say to stitch the ear to the head along the seam line.  I can't wait to see how they look.


Next I need to cut out the nose and the tongue and stitch those on.  Then find some perfect eyes and a bow for his neck.  I will be sure to post more pictures of my progress!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I loved home made stuffed animals. My mother use to make elephants, cats, bunnys, dogs, pigs...and I valued all them. Can't wait to see your finished project! ♥♥♥

Kim said...

Thank you Cathy! I am almost finished with this one!

Ajka said...

It will be nice .... you have a very interesting and inspiring blog:-)
Ajka