Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Some Christmas Stitching

I just finished stitching this beautiful motif:


I used the back stitch as a filling stitch.  I really like the way this stitch worked as a fill:


I used three strands of cotton floss  {DMC #321} and everywhere you see gold glints, I added a few strands of gold blending filament {Kreinik Metallics #002HL}.  Now I have two more words to transfer and stitch - Peace and Noel.  I am trying to decide if I want to do all three in the red/gold or maybe each one in a different color combination.  Wouldn't these make a nice set of pillows for Christmas?





12 comments:

Sparklyjools said...

The back stitch looks fabulous, I'm going to try that!

Digna said...

Wow, the result is very nice.

Sweet Sienna Hope said...

It's so beautiful!

Kim said...

Jules - Thanks! Yes I am really pleased with the way the back stitch fills - plus it is so quick to do :)
Digna - Thank you!
Hi Sweet Sienna Hope - Thank you :)

Guy en Dina said...

O waw... so nice!

Kim said...

:) Thank you!

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

It looks beautiful! Perfect for Christmas time :)

janice15 said...

Very sweet, I'm so glad that I found you blog....Have a great day and new week...with love Janice

Kim said...

Silvia - Thank you :)
Hi janice15 - Welcome - I am so glad you found my blog :) Thank you - have a lovely week!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Kim, this is very beautiful and would make great cushions or would be great at the ends of a table runner. Very nice. I adore that gold filament peeking through.

I found some iridescent filament at the fabric store, but it was madness trying to get to it. Our local Joann fabric store is moving to a larger space so everything has been discounted majorly, so people have been go crazy buying them out. It's mayhem.

As soon as I can get some, I hope to test it out as you have here.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kim!

Kim said...

Kristen - You will love it! The iridescent is so nice because it makes everything sparkly and goes with any other colors you are using. It is my favorite for sure. Lol - the Joann store I usually shop at recently renovated and it is sooo much nicer and easier to shop!
:) Thank you Jeanette