Over the weekend I finished my summery pillow project:I didn't have too much left to do. I had already transferred my patterns onto the back panel:
I used these border patterns from the Daisy embroidery pattern packet:
I especially love this little motif I used for the center back of the pillow:
When the embroidering was all finished, I put the two panels right sides together: and pinned everything in place - notice my matching pins!
Next, I sewed them together, leaving a small space unsewn so that I could stuff the pillow: I decided to use a loose fiberfill to stuff the pillow - rather than a pillow form. My pillow measures 11-1/2" x 13" and I thought that I probably wouldn't find a pre-made pillow form with those dimensions! Plus, I wanted to customize the amount of puffiness for this pillow!
I stuffed the fiberfill into the pillow:
and then hand sewed the opening closed. Here is the finished pillow - front view:
I think the piping turned out to be the perfect trim!