Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A little early for this wip...

Even though we are having beautiful warm weather right now, I am busily stitching up a huge set of autumn napkins!
I plan on using all the autumn colors like orange, red, yellow, and brown. I love these two shades of orange. The brightest, which is outlining this leaf is the almost neon-bright dmc#608 "bright orange":
I am going to use a running stitch to decorate the hems. Here are orange, green and yellow:
I am really liking the way they are turning out!

10 comments:

Bethany said...

These are so great. I love fall colors so much.

I just found you blog a couple of days ago and started following. Wanted to let you know, I really enjoy it.

Kim said...

Hi Bethany! Thank you - and welcome! I'm so glad you like the blog!

Libby said...

Beautiful!! I love that yellow! Where do you get your napkins and dishtowels from?

Annie said...

Hi Kim!...These towels are great!...I really like the running stitch at the bottom and french knots always give such a nice effect!...Did you use your color wheel for these?...Blessings...Annie

Sadie said...

Love them! You are ahead of the game for sure :-)

Kim said...

Thank you all!
Libby - I am making these napkins - i am using a medium weight cotton fabric. I usually make my distowels out of cotton fabric too - at least the "tea towel" ones that are just for looks - not really for using :)
Annie - No I didn't use the color wheel - I probably should have - I had such a hard time trying to decide which color combination to use for the acorn!

Libby said...

You made the napkins??? Girl, you rock!!

Annie said...

I LIKE the colors you picked!... :) ...Very brave making your own napkins!...I have trouble keeping the hems straight!... :/

My 1st Bambina ! said...

These are lovely !!! Your stitching and colors are beautiful !!!

Gina said...

Love all the french knots. Nice textural look. :)