Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sweet dreams moon

I had so much fun stitching this little moon:
Here on the close-up, I am showing off the back stitch (the cloud outlines, part of the moon, the moon's features and hat outline, the stars and the lettering) french knots (for the cloud accents, hat accents and far-away stars) and the chain stitch (part out the moon's outline). I'm not exactly sure how I am going to complete this - it could be a pillow, it could be framed as a picture, if I knew how to quilt I think it could make a sweet quilt block? It looks good with all different kinds and colors of trims...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! You did a fabulous job of stitching it!

Kim said...

Thanks Julie! This was really fun to stitch and I love how the bright colors photograph!

Ali said...

Aw, this is so sweet, I love it :)
(Sorry, I am a bit late in commenting, just catching up today!)
Ali
x